Business Skills Case Study: Procurement Training
“The course structure and trainers were fantastic, delivering a jam-packed day filled with guidance and advice, including the opportunity to meet council procurement leads.” Abi Overs, Engagement Director, Big Brand Ideas
“The training that The Skills & Growth Company* provided was extremely useful as we seek to grow our business. In particular the interactive nature that meant the training was truly tailored to the businesses present. The blend of experts in their field and experienced fellow professionals who generously shared their hard-won experience was great and the networking opportunities built into the day forged some good connections.” Lucy Gibbs, Business Support, Mondrem
The Skills & Growth Company has provided award-winning public sector procurement training for businesses over a number of years.
Based around a one-day workshop format, covering the whole process from start to finish, focusing on three key areas:
- Find – Looking for tendering opportunities;
- Bid – Practical bid management skills; and
- Win – Ways to ensure the bid submission is a winning one.
The interactive sessions have helped businesses to:
- Understand public sector procurement processes
- Represent their financial position
- Identify their strengths, weaknesses and selling points
- Utilise techniques that make the bid process efficient and effective
- Quickly build up a knowledge base of procurement processes
- ‘Punch above their weight’ when participating in procurement processes.
Each event includes case studies from businesses, including Topspeed Couriers a specialist courier service delivering items including crime scene evidence and food samples across the U.K. who take attendees through the process of becoming a supplier for government agencies including Defra, the police as well as the Home Office.
“Winning public sector contracts has helped my business to grow significantly, the tender process can be quite off-putting at first, but its definitely worth persevering with” MD Dave Turner Managing Director, Topspeed Couriers.
*Please note this case study was published before The Skills & Growth Company was brought back into the Council’s Economic Development Service.