Our vision is to realise the tremendous potential of Cheshire East’s high growth sectors.
The purpose of the Innovation and Growth Team is to support the economic vitality of Cheshire East. This role can be broken down into 3 key objectives:
- Providing specialist programme and project management for complex and technical projects to drive economic growth in key thematic areas of Energy/ Low Carbon, Science, Technology: Superfast Broadband, Creative & Digital, alongside effective and responsive ‘problem solving’ to support the growth ambitions of other key sectors, including developing evidence bases for future sectors Advanced Manufacturing, Agri Tech, etc.
- Developing the funding and investment pipeline for the Skills and Growth Company, whilst influencing, persuading and informing partners to invest their resources in a way that maximises economic growth
- Maintain and enhance strategic relationships with key public and private sector stakeholders ensuring that Cheshire East’s commercial objectives are aligned.
The Team currently delivers against three programme areas:
- Energy/Low Carbon including Fairerpower and Geothermal
- Technology including Connecting Cheshire and Creative & Digital sectors
Interesting in applying for innovation funding?
If you’re a UK-based business or research organisation, you may be able to compete for government-backed funding. The latest innovation funding calls can be found here: